Interested in taking your leadership potential to the state level?
Do you have a passion for educating consumers about farming and ranching? Are you dedicated to working with other young leaders in order to advance our work for agriculture? If so, the WyFB YF&R Committee could be the perfect fit! The objective of the Committee is to give young farmers and ranchers, serving as a committee within the organization structure, the opportunity to recommend agriculture projects and activities that will encourage participation of young farmers and ranchers in both the YF&R and total Farm Bureau agricultural program.
YF&R Committee Election Information
YF&R Committee Overview and Nomination Form YF&R Committee Application Form
YEARLY SELECTION PROCESS:
- County Farm Bureaus nominate a couple or individual agricultural producers between the ages of 18-35 at each district meeting in the fall.
- Each district has two representatives on the state committee. One position is voted on each year and committee members serve a two-year term.
- An At Large position is voted on by the voting delegates at the Wyoming Farm Bureau Annual Meeting. This position is a one-year term.
Young farmers and ranchers are the future of agriculture. Staying informed and educated about agricultural policy and issues will better prepare you to take action that benefits your family, your operation and the agricultural industry as a whole. This network of support will enhance your development as a young producer in Wyoming, an individual and a Farm Bureau member.
Through YF&R you will find:
- Ability to share common ground with other young farmers and ranchers
- Personal development
- Educational information you can take back to your operation
- Participation in competitive events, leadership positions and more
- Involvement with agriculture programs and community leaders
- Educational and networking opportunities
- Legislative involvement
Contact: Kerin Clark, WyFB YF&R Coordinator
[email protected] or 307.532.2002
Facebook/Wyoming Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers