Wyoming Farm Bureau offers nine college scholarships–Feb.1, 2011
LARAMIE–Children of Farm Bureau members are encouraged to apply for one of nine college scholarships offered by the Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation. The applications are available at county Farm Bureau offices, on the web at www.wyfb.org (click on calendar tab) or by calling 800.442.8325 ext. 719.
The Livingston-King scholarship is valued at $1,000 for 2011. The Livingston-King scholarship is a memorial for former Wyoming Farm Bureau Presidents H.D. Livingston and H.J. King as well as Norma Livingston, mother of WyFB President Perry Livingston.
The five Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation scholarships are $500 each. The three “Continuing Education” scholarships are also $500 each. The continuing education scholarship recipients must submit at least two years of college transcripts.
The state application deadline is March 1, 2011.
“We encourage all Farm Bureau members with children headed to or at college to have their children apply,” WyFB President Perry Livingston said. “We are proud to provide $5,500 statewide in scholarships each year for the children of our members because they are our future in the agriculture industry.”
“Please also check with your county Farm Bureau because most offer some type of a scholarship,” Livingston concluded.
Editor’s Note: The state scholarship deadline is March 1, 2011. Additional scholarships may be offered at the county level. Please refer to the list below to see if your county information is listed and could be included in your story. We appreciate your consideration.
Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation News Release–February 1, 2011
WyFB Scholarships Available
—Deadline March 1, 2011
- Kerin Clark, WyFB Media Director, 307.532.2002 or [email protected]
- Ken Hamilton, WyFB Executive Vice President, 307.721.7712 or [email protected]
County Farm Bureau Scholarships
Below is general information on county Farm Bureau scholarships. Please refer to the scholarship applications for complete rules and details. County Farm Bureau contacts are available at www.wyfb.org under County Farm Bureaus or contact your county Farm Bureau office.
- Albany: March 31 deadline; One $1,500 scholarship; open to high school seniors and college students; available at county Farm Bureau offices; and Rock River and Laramie High Schools
- Big Horn: April 26 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; available to high school seniors or any continuing students working for a degree in an Ag-related area; available at all county High Schools or by contacting Farm Bureau office in Greybull
- Campbell: March 1 deadline; One $1,000 scholarship; available at FB offices, schools and wyfb.org
- Carbon: April 15 deadline; Five $250 scholarships; open to all county seniors who meet requirements; available at county FB offices, extension offices or contact G.G. Kortes at 325.6309
- Converse: April 1 deadline; Three $1,000 scholarships; open to members’ children for graduating seniors and college students
- Crook: March 1 deadline; Four $1000 scholarships; contact county FB office or schools for application
- Fremont: Fremont County Farm Bureau offers one $500 scholarship. In order to be eligible, the student must be a Fremont County High School senior whose parents or grandparents are current paid Farm Bureau members. It is preferred that applicants are entering an Agriculture field. Applications will be reviewed by the Fremont County Farm Bureau Board and a recipient will be chosen. Please submit a letter of application about yourself and your future plans to: Farm Bureau – C/O Tammy Cooper – 824 Forest Dr., Riverton, WY 82501. Questions call 856.9091.
- Goshen: May 1 deadline; One $500 scholarship; children of regular members; available to high school seniors or any continuing students working for a degree in an Ag-related area; available at county FB office;
- Hot Springs: April 8 deadline; One $1,000 scholarship; may be divided into two $500 scholarships at discretion of board; available to students pursuing ag-related course; preference to Farm Bureau families; available at county FB office and school
- Johnson: April 1 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; open to children of Farm Bureau members (graduating seniors or college students); available at county FB offices and schools
- Laramie: April 1 deadline; Three $500 scholarships; available at county Farm Bureau offices
- Lincoln: April 25 deadline; Three $500 scholarships; seniors who are children of Farm Bureau members; available at county FB offices and schools
- Niobrara: April 1 deadline; Two $300 scholarships; available to children of Farm Bureau members; graduating seniors and college students are eligible; available at the county FB office and local high school
- Park: April 1 deadline. One $650 scholarship to Northwest College. Open to any Farm Bureau Member or children of members. Application available at all Park County high schools as well as the financial aid office at NW College and the Powell Farm Bureau office
- Platte: April 1 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; available at schools
- Sheridan: March 1 deadline; 2-3 $1,000 scholarships depending upon number of applications; available at county FB offices and schools
- Sweetwater: March 15 deadline; One $500 scholarship; open to children of Farm Bureau members; available at schools and county Farm Bureau offices
- Uinta: April 1 deadline; return to either county FB office; One $500 scholarship; available at county FB offices, schools or contact Brent Barker at 789.3848.
- Washakie: April 1 deadline; Amount varies, generally three $500 scholarships; FB member children preferred but not a requirement; Ag majors preferred, but not a requirement
Weston: May 1 deadline; Three $500 scholarships; preference for students of regular members; available at county FB offices and schools