Wyoming Farm Bureau offers college scholarships- March 1 deadline
—Deadline March 1, 2013
Farm Bureau members and their family members are encouraged to apply for one of nine college scholarships offered by the Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation. The applications are available at county Farm Bureau offices, on the web at www.wyfb.org (click on education tab) or by calling 800.442.8325.
For questions, call 800.442.8325 or email email@example.com.
The Livingston-King scholarship is valued at $1,500 for 2013. The Livingston-King scholarship is a memorial for former Wyoming Farm Bureau Presidents H.D. Livingston and H.J. King as well as Norma Livingston, mother of WyFB President Perry Livingston.
The five Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation scholarships are $500 each. The three “Continuing Education” scholarships are also $500 each. The continuing education scholarship recipients must submit at least two years of college transcripts.
The state application deadline is March 1, 2013. Click here for scholarship application.
The Wyoming Farm Bureau Federation is the state’s largest general agriculture organization. The primary goals of the organization are to protect private property rights and help members achieve an equitable return on their investment. Visit www.wyfb.org.
County Farm Bureau Scholarships
Below is general information on county Farm Bureau scholarships. Please refer to the scholarship applications for complete rules and details. County Farm Bureau contacts are available at www.wyfb.org under County Farm Bureaus or contact your county Farm Bureau office.
- Albany: March 31 deadline; One $1,500 scholarship; open to high school seniors and college students; available at county Farm Bureau office; county Extension office; and Rock River and Laramie High Schools
- Big Horn: April 26 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; available to high school seniors or any continuing students working for a degree in an Ag-related area; available at all county High Schools or by contacting Farm Bureau office in Greybull
- Campbell: March 1 deadline; One $1,000 scholarship; available at FB offices, schools and wyfb.org
- Carbon: April 15 deadline; Five $250 scholarships; open to all county seniors who meet requirements; available at county FB offices, extension offices, high schools or contact G.G. Kortes at 325.6309
- Converse: April 1 deadline; Three $1,000 scholarships; open to members’ children for graduating seniors and college students. Available at either county Farm Bureau office; at Douglas and Glenrock High School Guidance offices; and at www.wyfb.org/converse
- Crook: March 1 deadline; Four $1000 scholarships; scholarship applications may be picked up at the Farm Bureau office at 404 Cleveland Street, Sundance, Wyoming
- Fremont: Fremont County Farm Bureau offers one $500 scholarship. In order to be eligible, the student must be a Fremont County High School senior whose parents or grandparents are current paid Farm Bureau members. It is preferred that applicants are entering an Agriculture field. Applications will be reviewed by the Fremont County Farm Bureau Board and a recipient will be chosen. Please submit a letter of application about yourself and your future plans to: Farm Bureau – C/O Tammy Cooper – 824 Forest Dr., Riverton, WY 82501. Questions call 856.9091
- Goshen: April 15 deadline; one $500 scholarship; open to high school seniors or continuing college students who meet the requirements which include Farm Bureau regular membership by family or individual; preference given to applicants pursuing Ag-related degrees; available at county FB office and online at wyfb.org
- Hot Springs: April 6 deadline; One $1,500 scholarship; may be divided into multiple scholarships at discretion of board; available to students pursuing ag-related course; preference to Farm Bureau families; available at county FB office and school
- Johnson: April 1 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; open to children of Farm Bureau members (graduating seniors or college students); available at county FB offices and schools
- Laramie: Postmark deadline of April 2, in the office no later than April 6; One $1000 scholarship and one $500 scholarship; available at county Farm Bureau offices
- Lincoln: April 25 deadline; Three $500 scholarships; seniors who are children of Farm Bureau members; available at county FB offices and schools
- Niobrara: April 1 deadline; Two $300 scholarships; available to children of Farm Bureau members; graduating seniors and college students are eligible; available at the county FB office and local high school
- Park: April 1 deadline. One $650 scholarship to Northwest College. Renewable if grades are kept above 2.5 semester average. Open to any Farm Bureau Member or children of members. Application available at all Park County high schools as well as the financial aid office at NW College and the Powell Farm Bureau office
- Platte: April 1 deadline; Two $500 scholarships; available at schools; open to children of Platte County Farm Bureau members
- Sheridan: March 1 deadline; 2-3 $1,000 scholarships depending upon number of applications; available at county FB offices and schools
- Sublette: February 25 deadline. Two $500 scholarships for seniors; one for each high school (Big Piney and Pinedale). Given to children of FB members; preference is given to those seeking agriculture major. Applications available at high schools
- Sweetwater: March 15 deadline; One $500 scholarship; open to children of Farm Bureau regular members; available at schools and county Farm Bureau offices
- Teton: Presented during “Scholarship Night” at Teton County High School. Applications and details available from high school guidance counselors
- Uinta: April 1 deadline; return to either county FB office; One $500 scholarship; available at county FB offices, schools or contact Kristi Ellis at 307.782.7659
- Washakie: April 1 deadline; Amount varies, generally three $500 scholarships; FB member children preferred but not a requirement; Ag majors preferred, but not a requirement
- Weston: May 1 deadline; Three $500 scholarships; preference for students of regular members; available at county FB office and schools